Thursday, May 6, 2010

More Learning

It would be great if I could learn everything all at once, but wouldn't that be boring? I haven't blogged in a little while but I have been busying learning and making! My Saturday afternoon sewing class is going well and I am already the proud owner of a wheat bean bag that I can microwave and heat up! It's fairly simple made with calico and I have made a cover that is really like a small pillowcase - nothing too exciting but the fabric is pretty (I will add a photo soon). 

I have started on my beautiful patchwork quilt from the Moda Hushabye range by Tula Pink. I managed to sew all the squares from the layer cake together to make a quilt top. I thoroughly enjoyed myself on a quiet Saturday evening - and there's only one line which is slightly off and not lined up properly! I have just ordered my backing and trimming fabric and on Saturday I'll pop into Spotlight to pick up the wadding fabric. 

I have also signed up to another sewing class on a Saturday morning. It was one of the classes I contacted and they were fully booked. I figured I would take this class on too whilst there was an opening as it seems better timing for the future and offered more classes then the class I am already taking. 

Amongst my sewing I have also been practicing my crocheting techniques and trying to wake up my memory from many years ago! I have a cute pattern for a beany which I plan to give a go next week.

So as you can see - I have been busy - and I've been enjoying every minute of it.

Happy crafting - whatever you are up to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment