Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lots going on!

This weekend was almost exhausting! I had my first new sewing class (Sewing with Vikki Leigh Martin) in Bentleigh (9-11:30am) then I had to pop home, pick up my fella, drive to Southlands - eat lunch at superspeed & then go to my next sewing class at 1pm.

Sewing with VLM was just how I imagined - 5 other girls all at different stages of sewing skills - sitting in a room filled with sewing machines, overlockers & crafts. I didn't make anything to show you, but I did practice using the overlocker for the first time and make 7 different samples of hemming to add to my reference book.

At my Southlands class I've realised it's more crafty rather then learning the basics of making clothes etc. But that's cool - I'm quite pleased with my Cupcake pin cushion!

On Sunday, after making lunch and taking Mum to the Chapel Street Bizzare shop to pick out a gift I got to work on my painting. I suddenly realised that the Chelsea Art Show is taking applicants until Friday 14th May - and that's THIS FRIDAY!!

I promise I will upload some photos soon.........

No comments:

Post a Comment