Monday, March 22, 2010

The top



The weekend didn't go as initially planned - but in a nice way. On Sunday I cut out my material (a fair bit wrong) it would have been better if I had noticed/or knew what the diagram meant where you were supposed to cut your pieces out to make the most of the material. Anyways - with the help of my mum whose skills included a beautiful little red riding hood cape for my yr 5 school fancy dress day, plus a couple of cushions - she was a blessing as at least one of us had a small idea of what the instructions were trying to tell us. I now have the knowledge that a very easy pattern - is only a very easy pattern to a dressmaker or someone who has actually been taught how to follow a pattern. It is the opposite to very easy when you don't a thing except how to sew a line on a sewing machine! After getting over the initial shock - I had a really lovely afternoon half making a pretty top with my mum which still brings a smile to my face when I think of us reading - rereading and then rereading again a one line sentence and it still sounding like it was written in French! My favourite part is that I managed to sew a frill!

No comments:

Post a Comment