Thursday, August 12, 2010

A new idea

Recently everything seems to have turned upside down. My Mr J's Dream has gone horribly wrong and not only is it left in tatters - his day-day life is a misery. I never realised that something that was once a dream could have turned out with such horrifying results. The once, happy, funny and sometimes annoying chatty boyfriend has been replaced by a saddened, quiet, worrying duplicate of himself. It pains me to see him so low and I make it my daily mission to chat and cheer him up in whatever way I see possible. I do get flickers of the real Mr J on some days and that gives me hope he's still there.

I wish I didnt have to send him to work each day - I wish there was something I could do to help him figure out that theres more to life then the day to day chore of working a job that no longer makes him happy. There must be something else. I know he's 31, we have no kids and we do not own a house. But that makes us more free and easier to adapt to change if change was what he wanted. But I think with all this muddle, he cannot figure out what he wants and only focus on the now. I know deep down that bad things end up happening for good reasons and I guess this is what keeps me fairly sane.

I decided to start thinking about what I would like to do if I was given the opportunity to change my career. It's no secrete that I would like to buy a small house somewhere and have a huge family but for the now time, what would I like to do given the opportunity?

Tally's Tearooms. It came to me straight away. It's a mixture of a couple of things that have been bubbling under the surface. I can already see it as clear as day how I would like it to be. I would own a small house on a large(ish) plot of land. Then I would either build an outhouse or an extension to the house which would be the Tearooms. But my Tearooms wouldnt be you're usual set up, it would have one large table in the middle and it would be a place where mums would come along to meet mums, it would be a place where crafters would come and do craft and where anyone could pop along for a cup of tea and a home baked cake. I envison people making friends, knew mums getting together, crafters enjoying crafters company in one place, and sometimes lesson's being run. I would charge a small fee for open time and would have endless tea and my favourite cookies. The thought of being able to do this makes me feel warm inside. Why don't I give it a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment